Referred to as "Maria-sama", the statue sits in the middle of a little garden on Lillian Academy's campus. It is a Lillian custom for students to put their hands together in prayer before the Virgin Mary every morning before class and in the evening before they leave for home.
The most memorable events took place before the Virgin Mary. The most notable include:
- Yumi and Sachiko's first official meeting where she fixed Yumi's tie.
- Sachiko and Yumi become soeurs.
- Yoshino returned Rei's rosary.
- Yamayuri Council pictures are taken after the graduation ceremony.
- Yumi asked Toko to be her little sister and was rejected. She later accepted before both Maria-sama and Sachiko.
In Maribato!, the walkway in front of the statue serves as the first highlighted stage.